How to Accessorize
ABOUT HOW TO ACCESSORIZE
Micaela Erlanger has dressed and accessorized many celebrities for the red carpet, now she’s sharing her hottest fashion tips for finishing any outfit with you. It’s chock-full of tips on what you really want to know: Do your bag and shoes need to match? Can you mix metals? What’s the most flattering way to tie a scarf? Whether you’re dressing for your birthday party, date night, a job interview, or just a trip to the supermarket, this book will help you look—and feel—confident and chic. You don’t need a red carpet budget to benefit from her advice.
· The Sunnies Algorithm: Identify your face shape and the perfect sunglasses for you.
· A Flick of the Wrist: Learn to layer cuffs, bangles, chain bracelets, and charms.
· Your Accessory Recipe: Avoid overaccessorizing in a few simple steps.
· Steady Incline: How to choose a heel you can walk in.
· Make It Up: Select a statement lip or a smoky eye.
· The Rules of Seasonality: Know which fabrics work for which seasons, and which ones work all year round.
About the author:
Micaela Erlanger graduated from Parsons, The New School for Design with a degree in design and management. After training with a top fashion stylist in New York City, she opened her own studio in 2013 and began styling clients for the red carpet, editorials, advertising, and film. She is consistently named a top stylist by The Hollywood Reporter, and in 2016, she was honored with the inaugural Marie Claire Image Maker award. She is a contributing writer to WhoWhatWear.com, and has also written for such publications as Vogue.com, TMagazine.com, and Time magazine.